Monday, February 1, 2010

My Valentine's Day Party Saga- Or, Why it Never Pays to Think Ahead

I was so proud of myself. I had a little extra time on my hands (don't ask me where it came from, because I can't imagine I'll ever find it again), so I decided I would take a trip to the store and buy all the supplies I needed to make cute peanut/treenut-free Valentine's Day goodie bags for Son #1's preschool class.

I dutifully purchased stickers, little plastic baggies, pencils, and individually wrapped/labelled candies for distribution to the little cuties.

I sat and patiently assembled all the bags for him and his 13 classmates, and even made an extra couple of bags, just in case.

Last night, I read the newsletter from his classroom: "If your child will be bringing Valentines in for our party on the 12th, please make sure to bring for everyone, so we don't have any hurt feelings." Excellent point- I couldn't agree more. (hence the extra few bags!)

The newsletter continued: "We have 22 students." WHAT??!?! 22?! Ahem- where did these extra 8 children magically come from? Were you running an enrollment special in January?

Sheesh. Serves me right for pretending to be super-mom. I'm done with thinking ahead- I'm going back to being procrasti-mom, thank you very much. And, apparently, I'm also headed back to the store...

2 comments:

  1. Thinking ahead, clean desks, organized drawers....all overrated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog's posts! Let's keep the discussion engaging and free of frivolous advertising or vulgarity. It's a family show, folks!