Holiday Baking with Your Food-Allergic Kids- It's Possible!

There's something about cooking with your kids which makes the holidays feel more holidaylicious. And just like all kids, mine are enamoured of the kitchen (especially since Disney's "Ratatouille").

Used to be, if you wanted to bake an allergy-friendly holiday dessert, you had to pull out a cookbook, make substitutions, and hope for the best. Not my style. Although I love it when other people slave away all day in the kitchen, I'm not really a "from scratch" kind of gal.

So, you can imagine my delight when a patient's mother introduced me to Cherrybrook Kitchen (http://www.cherrybrookkitchen.com), which has created a line of dairy, egg, and peanut-free mixes for cookies, cakes, brownies, pancakes, and more. (Frostings, too!) They're now even offering wheat and gluten free items. Best of all, the result is something even someone without allergies would like to eat...

Thanks, Cherrybrook! Now I can make goodies for my son's class without any little voices piping up, "This tastes like concrete!"
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grotesquely Swollen Apple of My Eye- What to do When Bugs Attack Your Child's Face

Why Drug Allergies Matter (Or Why Penicillin Allergy is Responsible for My Son's Lopsided Neck)

Keratosis Pilaris - Or, Why My Kid Looks Like a Plucked Chicken