Wednesday, May 6, 2009

How My Inability to do the Laundry Embarrassed My 4 Year Old

So it's been a while since I've done the boys' laundry... I've been busy! And they have so many clothes, I didn't really think they'd run out.

I was wrong.

Yesterday morning, it was time to go to school, and I couldn't find clean pants for Son #1. So, I decided that it was warm enough to break out his summer wardrobe. Last year's summer wardrobe.

Kids grow fast.

I hurriedly squeezed him into an oversized pair of blue shorts. They didn't look oversized on him, though. Maybe that's because they were made for an 18 month old. I convinced myself that as long as no one looked at the label, it would be okay.

However, when we pulled into the parking lot, Son #1 refused to get out of the car. His explanation? "I don't want anyone to see me like this. I look like I'm going to the beach." Poor kid kept pulling the shorts down to his knees and sheepishly found a place on the floor during "circle time".

This is the first time that I've embarrassed my kid at school. I felt awful, and vowed to buy him some summer clothes that fit. Or, at least wash his pants.

I really hope my husband isn't reading this.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha :) Too funny. I'm sure it's just the first of many embarrassing Mom moments that you can tell to his girlfriends later!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog's posts! Let's keep the discussion engaging and free of frivolous advertising or vulgarity. It's a family show, folks!